Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Overview of feet & foot problems

This section has information about foot problems that you normally see a podiatrist for. For other problems with the bones and joints in your ankles and feet, see Ankles & feet.

You can find more general information about feet, foot care and footwear on the Podiatry NZ website. Some GPs may also be able to provide information and treatment.

For a visual overview of common foot problems, with photos and explanations, see this guide from NHS.

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed September 2019.

Page reference: 674025

Review key: HICCA-28239