Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Diagnosing dry eyes

If you think you have dry eyes, see your GP, optometrist, or an ophthalmologist (eye doctor).

Your optometrist or doctor will talk to you about your dry eyes. They will examine your eyes and eyelids and test your vision. As part of this they may:

Try this search if you wish to find a private optometrist. Or you may want to pay to see a private ophthalmologist.

On the next page: Treating dry eyes

Written by Canterbury optometrists. Adapted by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Endorsed by clinical director, Ophthalmology, Canterbury DHB. Last reviewed November 2019.


Page reference: 206808

Review key: HIDRE-206293