Print this topic

HealthInfo West Coast-Te Tai Poutini

How are dry eyes diagnosed?

If you think you have dry eyes, see your GP, optometrist, or an ophthalmologist (eye doctor).

Your optometrist or doctor will talk to you about your dry eyes. They will examine your eyes and eyelids and test your vision. As part of this they may:

Try this search if you wish to find a private optometrist. Or you may want to pay to see a private ophthalmologist in Nelson, Christchurch, or Dunedin.

On the next page: How are dry eyes treated?

Information provided by the Canterbury DHB. Adapted by the West Coast DHB. Page created June 2016.


Page reference: 275699

Review key: HIDRE-206293