Print this topic

HealthInfo West Coast-Te Tai Poutini

Living with osteoporosis

On this page

What can I do?

Who can help me?

What can I do?

If you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, there are many actions and changes you can make to improve and maintain your health.

Who can help me?

General practice team

If you need to find a GP, you can search on the West Coast PHO's website.

Hospital bone services

Your GP may refer you for a publicly funded bone density scan. You will have to travel to Burwood Hospital in Christchurch for this scan.

Private bone density scan providers

Christchurch Radiology Group offers bone density scans for a cost of $164.

On the next page: Osteoporosis treatments

Information provided by the Canterbury DHB. Adapted by the West Coast DHB. Last reviewed June 2016.

See also:

How to get your daily calcium

Page reference: 46649

Review key: HIOSP-24517