Print this topic

HealthInfo West Coast-Te Tai Poutini

Living with fibromyalgia

On this page

What can I do?

Who can help?

What can I do?

Who can help?

The following people and organisations may be involved in your (or a family member's or friend's) healthcare.

General practice team

If you need to find a GP, you can search on the West Coast PHO's website.

Pain Management Centre

Your doctor may suggest you see a specialist at the Pain Management Centre. The Pain Management Centre is a pain clinic at Burwood Hospital, Christchurch. It sees patients with various long-term, chronic pain conditions, on referral from a health professional. This clinic provides individual and group sessions to help you manage pain.

Arthritis New Zealand

Read more.

Grey Base Hospital Rheumatology Service

The Grey Base Hospital Rheumatology Service sees people with arthritis and other rheumatological disorders or diseases, on referral from a general practitioner. If your doctor has referred you, you will normally be seen at Grey Base Hospital Outpatients.

Private providers

Fibromyalgia can affect your life in many ways. Talk with your GP about whether any of the following health professionals may be able to help.

Occupational therapists




  HealthInfo recommends the following pages

On the next page: Being active with fibromyalgia

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Adapted by the West Coast DHB. Last reviewed December 2017.

Page reference: 946

Review key: HIFIA-25336