Print this topic

HealthInfo West Coast-Te Tai Poutini

Self-care for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)

There are things you can do yourself to help you manage this condition, such as:

Getting help for CFS

General practice team

If you need to find a GP, you can search on the West Coast PHO's website.

Physiotherapist and occupational therapists

Ask your general practice team about options for referral to a physiotherapist or occupational therapist.


Your GP might be able to help you find a psychologist.

Or you may wish to pay to see a private Psychologist.

The Associated New Zealand ME Society

The Associated New Zealand ME Society provides information, support and practical advice for people, families and carers affected by ME (CFS).

Adapted from Health Navigator by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Page created May 2019.


See also:



Mental wellbeing

Page reference: 191976

Review key: HICFS-70801