Print this topic

HealthInfo West Coast-Te Tai Poutini

Urinary incontinence in older adults

Bladder control problems and wetting (incontinence) are more common as you get older. Many older people with continence problems do not seek help. But there is a lot of information, support, and products available to help with this problem.

The District Nursing Service provides continence advice. It provides support, assessment and products for people with continence issues. Your GP can refer you, but you can also contact the service directly using the following phone numbers:

District Nursing service provider



Karamea Health Clinic

Rural nurse specialist

(03) 782-6710

Buller District Nursing Service

District nurse

(03) 788-9277

Ngakawau Health Centre

Rural nurse specialist

(03) 788-5063

Reefton Health Centre

Rural nurse specialist

(03) 732-6440

Greymouth District Nursing Service

District nurse

(03) 769-7721

Moana/Otira Rural Clinic

Rural nurse specialist

(03) 738-0003

Hokitika District Nursing Service

District nurse

(03) 756-9906

South Westland Area Practice

Rural nurse specialists

(03) 752-0700

If your call goes to voicemail, leave a message. The nurses check the voicemail daily.

  HealthInfo recommends the following pages

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Adapted by the West Coast DHB. Page created May 2016.


See also:

Bladder retraining

Pelvic floor exercises for men

Pelvic floor exercises for women

Page reference: 268214

Review key: HIUTO-49046