Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Vulval problems in girls

It is common for young girls to get skin irritation or itching in their genital area. This is called vulvovaginitis and mostly affects the vulva, which is the area of skin around the vagina opening. Usually the simple steps described in the pages below will usually make the problem go away. If the problem doesn't go away after these steps, or is severe, see your doctor.

  HealthInfo recommends the following pages

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed September 2016.

Page reference: 52274

Review key: HIVPV-52274