Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Needs Assessment Service

You or your doctor, community health worker, family member or a friend can refer you to the Needs Assessment Service (NASC) to find out whether you need support to stay in your home and the types of support you may need. You can contact your local NASC via the Adult Community Referral Centre on (03) 337‑7765.

Support services may include help with:

You may be eligible to receive these services at no cost. If you are not eligible, NASC will be able to provide you with the services you need, at your own cost.

You may also opt to find and pay for your own home support services.

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed October 2016.

Page reference: 45497

Review key: HISSO-48278