Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

More information about bipolar disorder

Family support

Parenting when you have bipolar disorder can be really challenging, and your kids may find life difficult while you are ill. Use the resources and support groups listed on Children of parents with a mental illness or addiction to help your family deal with the issues they may face.

You might also find the resources below useful.

  HealthInfo recommends the following pages

Local and New Zealand information

International websites

Treatments for bipolar disorder

Young people and bipolar disorder

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed March 2016. Last updated December 2018.

Page reference: 52215

Review key: HIBIP-52193