Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Managing irregular periods

Read this page for recommended advice and support information.

On this page

What can I do?

Who can help?

What can I do?

If you have irregular periods, read below for some actions you can take to manage or improve your health.

Who can help?

The following people and organisations may be involved in your (or a family member's or friend's) healthcare.


If you need to find a GP, you can search on this map.

Christchurch Hospital Gynaecology Department

If you need a hysteroscopy, or despite treatment, your period problems are not improving, then your doctor may refer you to the Christchurch Hospital Gynaecology Department, where you will normally be seen as an outpatient.

If you prefer, or if you do not wish to wait, you can pay to see a private gynaecologist.

Private gynaecologist

Find a private gynaecologist on:

On the next page: More information about irregular periods

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed October 2017.

Page reference: 6270

Review key: HIIPE-47309