Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Looking after a baby with spilling or GORD

On this page

What can I do?

Who can help?

What can I do?


If you are worried about your baby's crying or general health, or you are finding it hard to cope yourself, make an appointment with your GP or WellChild provider. For example, if the sound of the crying changes, your baby is not feeding, or they seem to be miserable or unwell.

Who can help?

The following people and organisations may be involved in your (or a family member's or friend's) healthcare.


If you need to find a GP, you can search on this map.

See your GP if you have any worries about your or your baby's health. Most of the time, your baby will be seen for free.


Christchurch Hospital Child Health Services

If your doctor is worried about your child's health or growth, they may refer your child to Christchurch Hospital Child Health Services, where normally your child will be seen as an outpatient.

Canterbury District Health Board brochure about coming to the Outpatients Department.

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Endorsed by paediatric gastroenterologist, Child Health, Canterbury DHB. Last reviewed December 2016.

Page reference: 56710

Review key: HIUCB-33560