Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Living with fibromyalgia

On this page

What can I do?

Who can help?

What can I do?

Who can help?

The following people and organisations may be involved in your healthcare.

General practice team

If you need to find a GP, you can search on this map.

Pain Management Centre

Your doctor may suggest you see a specialist at the Pain Management Centre. The Pain Management Centre is a pain clinic at Burwood Hospital, Christchurch. It sees patients with various long-term, chronic pain conditions, on referral from a health professional. This clinic provides individual and group sessions to help you manage pain.

Arthritis New Zealand

Arthritis New Zealand can provide information and advice on the day-to-day management of fibromyalgia and other forms of arthritis.

Christchurch Hospital Rheumatology Department

The Christchurch Hospital Rheumatology Department sees people with arthritis and other rheumatological disorders or diseases, on referral from a general practitioner. If your doctor has referred you, you'll normally be seen at the Rheumatology Outpatients Department.

Private providers

Fibromyalgia can affect your life in many ways. Talk with your GP about whether any of the following health professionals may be able to help.

Occupational therapists




  HealthInfo recommends the following pages

On the next page: Being active with fibromyalgia

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Endorsed by rheumatologist, Department of Rheumatology, Immunology & Allergy, Canterbury DHB. Last reviewed December 2017.


Page reference: 946

Review key: HIFIA-25336