Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Living with eczema (dermatitis)

As eczema is a long-term condition, it will take a joint effort by you and your healthcare team to manage the symptoms.

What can I do?

Who can help?

The following people and organisations may be involved in your (or a family member's or friend's) healthcare.


If you need to find a GP, you can search on this map.


If you have severe eczema that's not responding well to treatment, your GP may refer you to The Christchurch Hospital Dermatology Department, where you will be seen as an outpatient.

If you prefer, you can pay to see a private dermatologist. Find a private dermatologist on:

On the next page: Eczema treatments

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed March 2017.


See also:

Preparing for your doctor's visit

Page reference: 5795

Review key: HIEXZ-21485