Print this topic

HealthInfo Canterbury

Self-care for SAD

There are many things you can do if you have seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

What can I do?

Who can help?

The following people and organisations may be involved in your (or a family member's or friend's) healthcare.

General practice team

If you need to find a GP, you can search on this map.

Counsellor or therapist

You can find a counsellor, therapist or psychiatrist in the Family Services Directory.

Mental Health Education and Resource Centre (MHERC)

The Canterbury Mental Health Education and Resource Centre Trust (MHERC) provides information, education, and support within the Canterbury region to people with mental health and addiction issues, whānau/families, caregivers, and associates, agencies, and the community.

Written by HealthInfo clinical advisers. Last reviewed April 2018.

See also:

Preparing for your doctor's visit

Page reference: 52082

Review key: HISAD-52079